1. Do you feel “out of control” when using the Internet; e.g., feeling. “Carried away”?
2. When not on the Internet, do you find that you are preoccupied with the Internet or computers, (e.g., thinking about or reliving past experiences on the Internet, planning your next experience on the Internet, or thinking of ways to gain access to the Internet in the future?)
3. Do you find that you need to spend greater amounts of time on the Internet to achieve satisfaction similar to previous events?
4. Do you find yourself seeking more sexually stimulating material in order to achieve the same result as previously?
5. Have you repeated unsuccessful efforts to control cut back or stop using the Internet?
6. Do you find yourself to be restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop using the Internet?
7. Are you using the Internet as a way of escaping from problems or relieving a bad mood, (e.g., feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety or depression)?
8. After spending what you consider an excessive amount of time on the Internet and vowing not to do so the next day, do you find yourself back on the next day or soon after?
9. Do you find yourself lying to family members, therapists or others to conceal the extent of your involvement with the Internet?
10. Do you find yourself committing illegal acts related to your use of the Internet?
11. Have you jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job or educational or career opportunity? Because of your use of the Internet?
Score: _______________ (If you score five or over, there is a high probability that you are addicted to the Internet.)