Nootropics or smart drugs play a critical role in the world of biohacking. While there are many to choose from only a few dozen nootropics are known for their strength. Phenylpiracetam happens to be one of the most potent of the smart drugs being rated at 60x the potency of piracetam. Many nootropics are referred to as “transparent” as the effects are less noticeable than those of alcohol or caffeine.
Effects (may include):
- mood enhancement
- reduces anxiety (anxiolytic)
- improved memory
- improved recall
- improved learning capacity
- better concentration
- more focus
- increased mental energy
- tolerance to stress
- tolerance to temperature
Developed in Russia in 1983. Phenylpiracetam is part of the racetam family derived from Piracetam with a phenyl group on it’s structure. The phenyl group enhances this drugs blood brain barrier penetration. This drug is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (Olympics) due to its abilities to increase mental awareness and temperature tolerance. Phenylpiracetam is also sold as phenotropil and carphedon.
We are biohackers and will share with you how we source and use this smart drug. You are responsible for your own health and research.
I had been purchasing through Powder City, but in the last two weeks they have stopped selling phenylpiracetam. There are several other nootropic suppliers to consider.
LiftMode / NewMind
- 100mg dosage once or twice a day
- half-life is 3-5 hours
- fat soluble – I take with a few squirts of MCT oil or omega-3 fish oil pill
- the racetams are VERY bitter so be prepared for an awful taste
Phenylpiracetam works well combined with a choline source to replace lost acetylcholine. Not having an ample amount of choline could result in headaches.
I love phynlpiracetam. There are no jitters and one dose will give me a very productive day. I find the mental clarity, memory and recall ability to be significant. The first few hours which are the most potent feel like a warm embrace. This smart drug greatly boosts my confidence and reduces my anxiety. Piles of work disappear.
- Do not mix with alcohol.
- Do not exceed three doses per day.
- Possible side effects which I have not experienced, but could be possible include headaches, nausea, restlessness, irritability, cramps and gastrointestinal discomfort.
- It is often recommended with the racetams to cycle on and off of them for maximum potency. I limit my intake of phenylpiracetam to twice a week.
- There are no recorded serious side effects.